Tuesday, April 12, 2011

photographic inspiration from Cartier-Bresson

There is a captivating Cartier-Bresson exhibit on display at the High. I didn't know who he was before the exhibit, but I found his work enchanting and very real. As the wall tells you when you walk into the gallery,
... each frames a small group of characters in a scene of stunning simplicity.
French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana. A simple green door and a captivating shot.
One of my one-year reflections for the blog was that I need to take more of my pictures. I recently bought a new camera (and I highly recommend it, if you're looking for a point-and-shoot). I'm not a serious photographer, but this camera makes me feel like I could be.

Cartier-Bresson strove to capture life and people in the process of living. This is the definition of ethnography, and one of my favorite parts of being a designer.
Playing Holi with friends and family.
On the bridge to the Stent Wing at the High.
Thomas looking artsy outside of an art gallery in the French Quarter, New Orleans.
It is through "living that we discover ourselves, at the same time as we discover the world around us."

0 people have something to say: